Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"Everything is fine, in moderation"

When you think of a grandma you might think of an older person who you have to watch your mouth around.  My grandma was not one of those, she was someone you could tell ANYTHING to (even if your parents didn't know).  She was my best friend, and a GREAT person to go to for advice.  She not only knew what to say but she always knew a great experience to tell to relate it to her.  She was the most accepting and caring person I have ever come to know. I remember a time after we meditated just thinking about the world and how much change will happen, and how things are being developed.  Our conversations were so full of life and refreshing.  I felt as though I was brainstorming with a professor on how we could make ourselves and the planet better.  As a child I have the most fond memories with her and my family, she was the glue that stuck everyone together.  There is so many qualities my grandma had and to put it into words is not possible.  I wish everyone could have known my grandma like I have gotten to know her.  She has taught me so many things and I have come to appreciate new things I never realized mattered.  The summer of 2010, Joseph and I planted a garden with grandma.  She taught us so many tips about how to grow and keep it alive, all naturally without any pesticides.  We faithfully watered and picked the garden and it grew into something so wonderful.  I remember grandma being so excited about the tomatoes because they were, of course, her favorite.  I am so happy we were able to be apart of that with her. There were so many loving moments together and I wish I could relive them everyday.  It will be hard to be without her for many reasons but I know she is in a better place surrounded by loved ones.  I will miss you very much and I think about you everyday.  To the best teacher, friend, and grandmother.  I love you and we will meet again one day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment